The water hurst of Šunik

The water hurst of Šunik

Triglav National ParkIn the middle of intact nature, by the water stream, is the hidden nook, abundant with wonderful energies. The areas, exceptionally rich with energical, accumulate in cascades and pools. These energical springs influence very favorably on the man`s feeling (they can also appease diferent pain and illness conditions) The healing effect of water is based on fact that our emotional system, which is in resonance with water, is able to call the information, advantageous and necessary for health and good feeling, from water drops every moment.

 

Triglav National ParkThe History

By the circular trial, there are still visible the remains of old mill, which was in function untill the first word war, the witnesses are two remmaining millstone. Below, there are the ruins of the saw wihich served its`purpose still in fifties of the previous century. Close to the lower bridge over the river Lepenjica, during the first word war, the was the main supply trail, leading to the front.

 

 

Soca river

Soca river

The Soča (in Slovene) or Isonzo (in Italian) (other names Friulian: Lusinç, archaic German: Sontig, Latin: Aesontius or Sontius) is a 137 km long river that flows through western Slovenia and northeastern Italy. An Alpine river in character, its source lies in the Trenta Valley in the Julian Alps in Slovenia, at an elevation of around 1,100 metres. The river runs past Slovenia’s highest peak, Triglav (2,864 m) before heading south past the towns of Bovec, Kobarid, Tolmin, Kanal ob Soči, Nova Gorica (where it is crossed by the Solkan Bridge) and Gorizia, entering the Adriatic Sea close to the Italian town of Monfalcone. Due to its emerald green water, the river is marketed as “The Emerald Beauty”. It is said to be one of the rare rivers in the world that retain such a colour throughout their length. The Isonzo/Soča is also well known for its unique trout species Salmo marmoratus (known as the marble trout), which lives in the upper course of the crystal-clear river.  Source: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

SocaThe upper part of the river and the valley is situated within the Triglav National Park. The Triglav park is the only national park in Slovenia. Within that park there are a lot of beautiful valleys, mountains, forests and many other natural beauties. The valley of the river source is called the Trenta valley and it is one of the most beautiful valleys in Slovenia.

About Bovec

About Bovec

BovecBovec (Italian: Plezzo, German: Flitsch) is a small city and municipality in northwestern Slovenia. The city of Bovec lies in the Bovec Basin in the Soča Valley below the Kanin mountain in the Julian Alps.

Bovec is one of the 211 municipalities of Slovenia. It is situated located close to border with Italy, 136 km from the capital Ljubljana, at an altitude of 434 m. Bovec has been traditionally part of the Goriška region, but nowadays only a minority of locals share this regional identity, preferring to identify with the wider region of the Slovenian Littoral.

A part of the Bovec municipality is located within the Triglav National Park, but not Bovec itself.

Several natural sights are included in the Bovec municipality, such as the source of the River Soča, the 106 m high Boka waterfall, the ski resort Kanin, and the Trenta Valley, connected to Bovec with a tourist trail. The municipality has a well-developed tourist industry, centered in the city itself, with numerous hotels, and an airfield (LJBO). In 2007, a part of the movie, Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, was shot close to Bovec. (Source: from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Fort Kluže and fort Hermann

Fort Kluže and fort Hermann

Fortress KlužeFort Kluže: In the second half of the 15th century a wooden fortification was built above the deep gorge of the Koritnica River. Its purpose was to prevent pillaging raids by the Turks to Carinthia. Georg Phillipp von Gera, ruler of Bovec from 1613 to 1643, built a stone fortress in 1613. He also discovered a spring nearby, which enabled the fortress to survive lengthy sieges. He had a delicately crafted stone plaque bearing his coat of arms and the year of construction built into a wall by the fortress. In 1797 the Austrian contingent of soldiers defended the fortress against the advancing French army, which, under the command of General Napoleon Bonaparte, defeated the Austrians in northern Italy.
The defenders stood little chance against the overpowering adversary, so they resorted to trickery. At night they removed the bridge over the Koritnica River and many French soldiers tumbled into the depths in the darkness. The following day the defenders had to surrender and the assailants in their rage demolished the fortress.
The present-day appearance of the fortress dates back to 1882. The central part of the fortress has the shape of a square with high and narrow peepholes in the walls. The complex of the fortress also includes the “upper” fortress called Fort Hermann, erected on a rocky ridge. The path leading to it is hewn into the rock along its initial stretch and then runs through a tunnel. (Source: from www.smaragdna-pot.com)

Fort Hermann